Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Duratec injectors

timbo

Just an update on the cosworth green injectors (380kpa @ 3.8bar). We're having major problems with the very high flow rates with these injectors (& large injector rail) on low load site throttle/idle fueling adjustments. We've dropped the fuel pressure right down to 2.5bar and the M3dk fuel calibration to 25mbps. As eng is being mapped for SVA any fuel trimming is like a tap on the injectors - on/off. The injectors work fine at higher load sites/airflow but where we need to do fine fuel trim adjustments at idle & fast idle for emissions they are a nightmare. (the eng is a std 2.3 unflowed head, 2.0L cams with high compression pistons c.200bhp). We've fitted XE injectors, increased the fuel pressure to 3.5bar and have immediately had to throw huge amounts of fuel on the map. Also the mbps is now at a more finely adjustable 60.

Anyone else seen this or have comments on it?

head in SV 2.3 Duratec engine bay, up to my shuck in wires

The green injectors are way too big for the kind of power you seek they are 405cc@3bar. I expected problems with these on the latest car that I built and chickened out in the end and ran with the stock injectors in the head and 330picos in the TB`s a set up I know works. I am informed that the CSR 260 runs with the green injectors and meets SVA emissions.

As we thought Rob... I'll put them into storage for post SVA 280bhp rework 😬 Getting a passable SVA map on these injectors, even with a higher flowed head must be a nightmare. Great for sprinting/racing but bugger all good for meeting the nanny states rules!

Me thinks that black smoke from the exhaust is not going to pass SVA 😬 😳

I've fitted the straw injectors as I used on my last VHPD (240cc @ 3bar). We'll see where it goes from there! Duration maybe a problem at high load sites ... we'll wait and see!

The emissions test for SVA is only at idle and 2500rpm the stock injectors will be fine well past this level probably up to half power. I run some 380cc mosters in my K 230 bhp again far too big and have to fit the stock 225cc injectors to meet SVA an MOT emissions.

I've used them on my last K special... I know they are old injectors but there are few injectors on the market that can match the pulse speed control these give.