Click here if you are having website access problems ×

O/T Yamaha Spanners

Rob Morris

Sorry......bit of a long shot...........sad subject, but I'm looking for any Blat Caht bikers who may just have a few "Yamaha" branded spanners left over from the good old days! Remember when you bought a new bike and as soon as you got it home you would take out the free toolkit and chuck it to one side saving weight and saving you from thinking the tools would actually be able to work!

Well I have just finished the restoration of an early Yamaha TY250 with the exception of a few missing spanners fromt he toolkit! I have tried on Ebay for months without any luck, likewise I have also tried the last 6 Classic bike shows!

I have listed the items I'm short of below...........?

I will gladly pay postage and if I'm able to get all the missing items I'll send £10 to Nuke Luke. So please go and raid all those old toolboxes for the sake of one little old Yamaha! *smile* *smile* *smile* *smile*

8mm open ended spanner (thin flat single ended spanner)

10 x 12mm open ended spanner

14 x 17mm open ended spanner

24mm ring spanner (thin ring spanner supplied for rear wheel spindle)

ring spanner handle (the flat tube section that slips of the actual spanner)

cross head screwdriver blade (not the dobule ended version as I already have this part of the set along with the handle)

Pliers (these really were rubbish)

27mm ring spanner (thin ring spanner as per the 24mm one)

I hope that Blat Chat can come up with the goods............tough order I know! *confused*

Is this some sort of wind-up 🤔

Right, I've had a trawl through my stuff & have come up with

Double open ended 8mm & 10mm flat Yamaha branded spanner

Double open ended 10mm & 12mm forged Yamaha branded spanner

Double open ended 14mm & 17mm forged Yamaha branded spanner.

I'll have proper look tomorrow during the day but I suspect that's your lot. All taken from either my Yam IT465 or TT600

Happy now 🤔 😬

NO it's not a wind up.........I seem to have always owned Honda's (but I can remember a couple of GT380's and an XT yam) however, ALL the crap bike spanners I have left have the Honda wing on them which really will not do for a restored Yamaha.

Thank you for looking could you email me so I can sort postage cost with you *smile*

Thanks again

rvmorris@rmorris7.fsnet.co.uk

HAPPY 😬 😬 😬 😬

Aye, I'm still here. Drawn a blank with the other stuff so far. Got one more place to check before calling it a day. However my mate's working odd shifts at the mo & It'll be next week before I collar him. If you send me a pm with your address I post the stuff I have on Monday AM *smile*

Dave.