Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Petrol sprays everywhere.

Geoff C

I am refiting my fuel tank after having the holes around the bottom repaired, my problem is: (excuse my lack of technical terminology)

The fuel pipe bolts on to the fuel pump with a special hollow bolt, where does the washer go? Against the nut or against the pump?

Also, is the pipe supposed to be seated in the U shaped bracket? because mine doesnt seem to reach the hole if it does!

Hope this all makes sense to someone

Thanks in advance

Sounds like you are referring to a banjo bolt. This is normally a brass affair with a hole in the middle that also comes out at the end (hope you understand). Would normally have a fibre washer against the head of the bolt, then banjo fitting goes on (shaped like a banjo and fitted to end of pipe) and then ANOTHER fibre washer before it screws to pump.

Not sure about the U shaped bracket.

Yep,

A fibre washer on both sides. If you have lost one most good car spares shops will have a suitable item.

The neck of the banjo should fit in the u shaped bracket to prevent it turning as you tighten the bolt. Its not mission critical if you can't get it in - the fittings onn my fuel hoses means it does not fit.

Fat Arn

The NOW PROVEN R500 Eaterid=red>

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website hereid=green>

Edited by - Fat Arnie on 29 Jan 2002 22:10:04

Paul, Arnie

Thanks for the replies, its been nearly 5 months since I took the tank out so I have completely forgotten how to do it in reverse. Will pick up fibre washers tomorrow.

The biggest disapointment was when the petrol sprayed all over the rear end it blistered all my lovely new painted chassis that has taken 2 months to finish off. sad.gifmad.gifsad.gif

Oh well back to the drawing board!!

Geoff