Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Harness

Richie

I am looking to buy a new harness for my 1995 Caterham 1.4K Series. I am interested in the Willans Silverstone 6 Single Seater or the Willans Club 6 Single Seater. Has anybody had any experience with these? Will they fit the car? I know that there are Caterham harnesses out but I race the car and need a better harness than the Caterham spec ones that are available.

Richie,

I'm fairly sure that Willans do specific belts for Sevens here's their address and phone numbers:

STOCKBRIDGE RACING LTD, Grosvenor Garage,

High St, Stockbridge, Hants.

+44 (0)1264) 810712

+44 (0)1264) 810266

Good Luck

Thanks. I phoned Willans and they are sorting me a harness to fit a caterham. They do the Club 6 Single Seater in a Caterham fit. The holes for connection are just a different size for Caterham bolts.

Willians do two version of the six point harness. One has monkey tails which are the two leg loops, these fit under the legs, through loops in the lap belt and then attach via the shoulder harness attachment to the locking point. The second (not sure what they call them) goes under the legs and then attaches directly to the locking point. Sorry if this sounds a bit confusing.

Personnal I find the monkey more comfortable to use but they cost a bit more and are fiddly. I've just got a new one and it cost £150 ex vat.

John Benfield