Click here if you are having website access problems ×

HPC 2.0 16V VAUXHALL ENGINE

stormcp

I am upgrading my engine and have an original HPC engine for sale.

The engine is currently in my Caterham and has only covered 16,ooo miles running twin webers. The engine has been serviced every year since 1993 (from new) and is in excellent condition and runs perfectly. I am after more power so this engine will be up for sale once I have completed my conversion, which should be over the next few months. I thought I would advertise now so it can be driven and heard prior to the change.

This has never been raced.

The engine will come with the following.

Starter,

MBE standard ECU

Competition exhaust manifold

Distributor/Leads

Crank sensor

Coil

Loom

The only thing I will be retaining is the gearbox, engine mounts, bell-housing, clutch etc. The bottom line is £1250 (no offers) for the set-up. I feel this is a fair price due to the low mileage.

If anyone is interested then let me know and I can arrange a time to pop over and see the engine running.

I wanted to get a reaction and see if anyone is interested before the ebay advert. I'd much rather it wen to a club member than a nova boy!!

Regards

Matt

Yellow Blur!

Edited by - stormcp on 11 Jun 2006 07:56:21

Edited by - stormcp on 11 Jun 2006 18:14:10

• 1 month later...

Dave's right here. A std HPC engine with the MBE ECU and loom is of much the same value as the stuff on ebay from Astras, Calibras etc.

Sure, the low mileage adds some value, and your ad is unclear whether the carbs and inlet manifold are included. Even with these, £1750 will be very hard to get though......

K2RUM - The car of two halves.

Thanks guys, really appreciate your help, the carbs and manifold are all included. I've had an offer of £1000 but the bottom line is £1250... I think if I can't achieve this then I may awsell keep as a spare set-up for future.

Alfred has first dibs if he agrees to £1250.

Regards

Matt

Yellow Blur!

Id ay 1250 is a good price -if hadnt tossed of my money on a new xflow ,id have bought this myself -after all you know the provenece of the engine and its easliy upgradeable

Good luck mate and stick to your guns re price - I would *thumbup*

Has anybody seen my 1990 Red Xflow

• 2 weeks later...