Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack oil pressure problems?

DSL

Cadwell track day today *thumbup* *thumbup*, however Hayabusa engine oil pressure warning flashing at various corners whilst under hard load (down to 16psi at 6000rpm) & then down the staights odd readings of 33psi then low 50ish. Now rather concerned that the motor may be damaged, and require a stripdown to check it out, or maybe it could be a vibration or electrical issue *confused*

As such anyone experienced similar problems 🤔

• Support Team

When I get fluctuating oil pressure, the first thing I check is the wiring to the sensor. No idea where the sensor is mounted on a Busa but on a K it is the lowest point at the front of the engine and if I hit a bump in the road then the first thing that gets damaged is the sensor wire. I am currently having issues with my speedo reading as well and suspect that could also be a wiring problem although it may just be the sensor has moved slightly. The other thing to check is the earthing of the dash unit as a dodgy earth could also be the problem. If none of that solves the problem then I guess you need to replace the sensor (or borrow one). I hope the reading is a false one.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Darren,

it is possible to check o/p on the busa quite easily. I think your o/p sensor is mounted in the lower main oil gallery - at the front of the engine as it is mounted in the 7. Below that and underneath the engine casing is another hole into the same gallery where the original suzuki sensor was fitted. If you remove the blanking plug you can check o/p with a mechanical gauge and it will give an instant reading even if you crank the engine with the plugs out. I have a gauge that fits that hole if you want to borrow it.

MiKe.

Edited by - metal mickey on 3 May 2006 10:07:17

Thanks for that, but its only showing odd (low readings) when really giving it the beans on track, not whilst staitionary, for which I need to go to a track to test (no time, need it ok by next weekend for sprint) as a precaution its going to be stripped at Mistral & an uprated oil pump bunged in it & checked over to see if indeed it is oiling the motor ok or not 😳