Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Stack Dash - erratic speedometer readings

Shaun_E

• Support Team

Has anyone with a Stack dash experienced fluctuating speedo readings?

My first thoughts are that it is either a dodgy connection or the sensor itself is not getting a good signal - perhaps not lined up properly or a magnet is damaged.

The speed fluctuates between 3 values - the correct one, one about 10-12 mph slower and another about 10-12 mph slower than that. No idea if that is of any significance.

Any suggestions welcome - I really hope it's not an electrical problem as I hate car electrics ☹️.

I guess bike speedos operate in the same way so perhaps someone with experience of problems with one of those might have some ideas for me.

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Is it set up for 8 or 4 targets? As the bolt head on the hub is ussually picked up twice so the circumference needs to be halved on a 4 targets.

Could well be caused by a loose braket or even loose connection, the system is pretty staright-forward:

Stack Dash - Connection - Cable with proximter attached - proximeter is in a bracket that is in line with the hub cap head screws.

Manual for the dash is on the internet through STACK (the button numbers are not in the same order as on a Caterham)

Good Luck!

• Support Team

Thanks - sounds like I need to take a look at the mounting of the sensor. Can't remember whether it is set for 4 or 8 targets but I certainly havn't changed anything recently. I hope it is as simple as it having moved slightly. I will of course check all the connections as well.

Yellow SL *cool* #32