Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sub 10,000 mile Caterham 21 - important update

henry21p

From VJ:

the car was bought as the green press car and intended as a GTO conversion - in fact, the chassis has had all of the strengthening and stiffening suitable for a race car.

At the point caterham canned the GTO cars, this was then intended to be converted back to road spec, so the original body was re-fitted and repainted.

As such this chassis isn't just in mint condition, it should be better than it started! It is preapred ready for a roll cage should anyone want and I believe VJ may have the roll cage for it too somewhere - the only problem is that the body would need to be adjusted to suit.

It has been involved in discussions with gary at Freestyle regarding flaring the arches etc and fitting wider track bits and bobs then fitting an RST V8 engine. However, VJ seems to have been distracted by other motoring projects and wants to put his money inot those (I think they're TVR related as he was at silverstone busy lunching a TVR engine by over-revving it - there was much swearing!). The 21 has never been on track to my knowledge and it hasn't been driven since it was stripped in the early part of this century.

Edited by - Dave21P on 5 May 2006 07:33:47

take the digital camera - I'm particularly interested in the chassis mods if visible!

(the owner says it's ok - just been talking to him on the phone, I can't get to hyperion to look at it though!)

cheers - all is forgiven for being mean to me over that V8 engine! 😬 *thumbup* *thumbup*

Have just spoken to VJ about the car and have to say it sounds the real business,and properly sorted -shame SWMBO deosnt share my enhtusiasm for having his and her caterhams -was thinking of the 7 for her and the 21 for me *thumbup*

1990 Red Xflow