Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sub 10,000 mile Caterham 21 - important update

henry21p

Dear all,

The 2nd of the Caterham 21 press demonstrators (P524 BPB) has recently finished a rebuild.

here

Apparently Hyperion have seen the car recently to work on/change the suspension and it has had a bottom to top rebuild by the current owner, a chap by the name of VJ. I'd check with them if you want to verify authenticity.

I know you guys raised a question about whether this was a genuine ad or not, but I have been in touch with VJ and it is certainly the same chap that I spoke to before. He withdrew the car from sale before as he wanted to do more work on it, including redoing the carpeting (not pictured on the advert).

The car is now blue with red leather interior, running a 1.6ss on a 5spd box.

I know nothing more of the car or the owner - only enough to say at that mileage and having had a rebuild, if you want a 21, this looks to be a good bet. There are a couple of cheap modifications that I would make to the car if he hasn't already, including a remote thermostat/fan override switch, but other than that - i'd have a punt if i were you.

Regards

Dave21

Edited by - dave21p on 3 May 2006 11:56:29

Before anyone pipes up with the usual mickey taking - this isn't the canoe, and someone has carefully restored the car, so play nice! (Though mickey taking of MY one, which STILL has more miles on it than most of your cars, and lapped a few at Anglesey, is perfectly acceptable).

Would be better if he posted up some of the good photos we've all taken over the years rather than caterham's naff press ones 😬

However - anyone who likes it might snap up a bargain here so watch the bidding. I'm throwing in a free invite to this year's 21's gathering and assorted other special offers to the new owner as well.

• Area Representative

So Dave, how much do you think it might fetch... just supposing I called the bank manager to ask for some money?

Edit to add: I'm away for the rest of the week so it won't be me anyway, but do let us know how much it makes. A previous posting of yours has made me want one.

GJT

Celerior quam currus festinans...

Edited by - Golf Juliet Tango on 2 May 2006 11:42:01

worth 10-12.5 depending on the quality of the rebuild. given the provenance and the low mileage, this is a superb "ready for upgrade" purchase.

actually worth more than that, but that's what it would sell for 😬

someone's going to get a bargain as the advert is so poorly written.

If it goes for 7500 I will cry (unless it was me that bought it for that)

I have to admit i'm sorely tempted by this one as well. One thing from the ebay description though, it clearly states fully carpeted but is from the photos looking rather more like aluminium *confused*.... Off to shoot myself having now read the above text in full............. BANG !

Ashley Webster.

Chairman of the bored.

Becalmed in a sea of Caterhamlessness.

Edited by - The_ASH on 2 May 2006 13:33:35

I would love this for touring, but I only have space for one toy ☹️

I think I need a bigger garage *eek*

Edited to add the question if all 21's had a link to water?

Edited by - CageyH on 2 May 2006 20:58:47

i've just spotted the obvious mistake in one of the pictures - I wonder who else can see the vital item missing from the picture (other than the bonnet which would be where the cameraman is in one shot).